Monday, November 29, 2010

A funny kid comment

Abstract by Alexis
I picked up Alexis at the bus stop last Tuesday; she had a 5-day weekend for Thanksgiving (oh, those were the days!).  She showed me the art work she had done at school that week.  I said, "Oh, wow!  That would make a great quilt."  Alexis replied "Forget the quilt, Mom!".  I guess she is tired of me seeing a quilt in everything!  Here's her abstract work (that would make a great quilt) and her refreshing turkey! 
Cool Turkey by Alexis 

 I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope all of your stitches are happy ones!   
                          All the best, Kim

2 comments:

  1. I agree that both would make wonderful quilts. Maybe it's time Alexis made a fusible with her work as inspiration!

    Your idea of a project a month sounds great. I'll try, but my record is pretty bad! Luckily my stash of unfinished projects is huge though!

    Too bad we live so far away. We've loved every visit at the Inn.

    L.Brewer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing you in the future. It was fun to have you here for the last Quilter's Retreat with Froncie Quinn in October!

    ReplyDelete