Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Opps!

     I am rusty on posting so I had trouble getting my final comments written after adding the photos!  This is where I wish I had a personal IT assistant!  I can't remember what all the "Loose Ends" were going to be in the posting, but I do have the soap recipe!
     I have been doing my best to reduce, reuse and recycle around here at the inn . . . just doing my part to reduce the garbage that goes in the land fills!  I thought I was doing so well in reducing our dependence on petroleum when I read that it is used to produce laundry soap . . . argh!  As it happens, someone in a knitting class began talking about home-made laundry soap and where to find the recipe online.  Since we do numerous loads of laundry each week for the inn not to mention our own laundry, I decided to start making it myself.  I tripled the recipe and made 6 gallons of laundry soap.  It lasted almost 2 months . . . I saved money (one of my favorite things) and reduced our use of a petroleum product (another of my favorite things!).  Here's the link for the recipe:  Laundry Soap Recipe

Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment